Thursday, February 3, 2011

YOU Make February FABULOUS! Watercolor Plants

Today in the YOU Make February FABULOUS! promotion, Holly Mays is the featured guest designer of Watercolor Plants (T3083).  Check out her fabulous cards at Mischelle's  Savvy Projects blog.  My card for the blog hop is here.

I've used Reese cardstock and Amberley Grace SWIC printed cardstock and Ivory Ultrasmooth cardstock.  The stamp sets are Watercolor Plants (T3083), Festive Bouquets (T3376) for the vase and Thinking of You (TC3128) for the saying. 
The background card is scored with the Scor-Bug using the Scor-Buddy.  On the Ivory Ultrasmooth cardstock I stamped the flower that was colored with Aqua Crayons and spritzed with water.  The vase is stamped on a tag from Amberley Grace SWIC and paper-pieced on the stamped image.  I used Copic markers W3 and W5 for the shadow under the vase.  A thin bow was used to embelish the card.

Pin It!

11 comments:

Mischelle said...

'Oh my GOSH PK!' That's what came out of my mouth as soon as I saw this! WOW! What a FABULOUS idea! LOVE it!

Julie Robinson said...

this is just SO beautiful! As always.... your work is just amazing!

Sharon said...

Beautiful card! You did a great job. Love it :)

Maria said...

I love this vase, I think that it is just perfect. Love the use of Amberely Grace too!

Debra Miller said...

How pretty Paula-Kay!

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Rita Kegg said...

Love it!!! I never thought of putting them in a vase .... and stamping on a tag for the vase is a great idea! Wonderful card. this is my fav paper collection too...

Unknown said...

This card is jaw-dropping gorgeous!!

Kim said...

Beautiful... Love the vase, so clever!

Chelsea said...

WOW! How fun that you put your plant in a vase ... lovely!

AmethystCat said...

what a great idea to put the plant in the vase - I'm going to be CASEing that idea!! love the card!