Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sew Thankful Blog Hop


September at Red Rubber Designs is Vintage month.  Our Featured Stamp set is Sew Thankful, which we as the Design Team are all using for our September Blog Hop.  You will see a variety of ways to use this stamp set as you hop from blog to blog. 




For my project I have made a tri-fold slant card using only background stamps (instead of printed papers) for the panels.  Each of the images from Sew Thankful are embossed with  pigment ink and a heat tool.  I colored the images with a few Copic markers.  The background cardstock is black and the images are mounted on red and black cardstock.  I used Spellbinders Lacy Circles die for the sewing machine and backed it with a circle cut with a circle cutter.



Here is the card opened up so you can see both sides of the card.  The accent flower is Red Homemade Crocheted Flowers with a button in the middle and red Scrappers Floss.



Suppies:
Stamps:    Sew Thankful, Background Stripes, Background SoupGingham Background
Inks:  Black pigment ink, L'Amore Palette InkMemento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, black, red
Other:  Clear Embossing powder, heat tool, button, Red Scrapper's Floss, Spellbinder's Lacy Circles die, circle cutter

Blog Hop and Contest


 Can you guess how many spools of thread will fit in a quart canning jar?  That is the challenge.  Check out the Red Rubber Designs Blog for all the details of our contest. 

Here is the order of our Blog Hop:

Paula-Kay (You are here)

Pin It!

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Red, white, and black always looks so good together...great choice. I love your card and the backgrounds you did for each section.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Very pretty Paula!! Just wanted you to know that the link Sarah posted is not working correctly.

Kate Yetter said...

Very pretty card! I love the unusual style and your patterned papers.

Wendy Zick said...

Such a striking color combo! Great card!

KC Eddy said...

Really Cute card PK!! I never think to do slant cards! So clever!! Love your combination of backgrounds!!

Julie Robinson said...

Love this!!!! This setis one of my fave's and I like the colors you chose

Rebecca Hughey said...

Wow! Love this card! Great color selection!

Pammejo said...

Gorgeous Card. Love the set, it so pretty. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

ljrhew said...

I love the card design.

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, so snazzy in the b&w and red... and the zigzag card structure is so dynamic too - great card!
Alison x

Scrappin' Sista said...

This is simply marvelous. I will be pinning for reference later. Great job. TFS!

Scrappy hugs,
Christel
Scrappin’ Sista Designs

Faye said...

Hi Paula-Kay. There is so much I love about this project... The colours, the shape, the sewing related details, the gorgeous flower. X

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, what a beautiful card! I love the design and your color palette is simply divine!!!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful vintage card! I love the sewing machine and the crocheted flower you used!

StampinCarol said...

PK, you just keep coming up with fabulous ideas!! Love this!

Pam said...

Just beautiful! I love all the different backgrounds and the color palette - great card!!

Wordbird said...

Paula Kay... I know when I visit your blog I'll be treated to the neatest ideas. I love this slant tri-fold card. What a wonderful design and allows you to really show off alot of these gorgeous stamps. Wow! So pretty!

Wordbird said...

Paula Kay... I know when I visit your blog I'll be treated to the neatest ideas. I love this slant tri-fold card. What a wonderful design and allows you to really show off alot of these gorgeous stamps. Wow! So pretty!