Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Red Rubber Designs - End of School

This week Red Rubber Designs Design Team is creating projects for End of School.  It is getting near.  I decided to make a thank you card for the teacher.  A student could give this card to her favorite teacher to thank the teacher for a good year and show her appreciation for all the teacher had done.  

My card uses primary colors for the Gingham Background stamp.  Four Palette ink colors are used on the one stamp - Jardin Moss, L'Amore Red, Paris Lights, and Starry Night
I used two Spellbinder's circles dies - Standard Large Circles and Petite Scalloped Circles Lg.  The Frazzled stamp image in the middle is colored with Copic Markers (R21, R24, R29, E35, E37, E000, E00, E11).  The saying at the bottom is from the RRD stamp set For Everything.  The green base cardstock is embossed with a Sizzix folder with a school notebook background.  A checked ribbon was added to match the Gingham Background stamp.

Thanks for looking at my blog.  You can find these and many other stamps and supplies at Red Rubber Designs.



Pin It!

10 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

What a good idea for this theme, love it !

Pam said...

Your card is so bright and cheery! I love how you did the gingham background in the different colors - it makes your card really pop!

Wordbird said...

What a cute and fun thank you card! Every teacher I know would love this! This reminds me of my children's school... the classroom windows have gingham curtains in primary and secondary colors! ;D

Kate Yetter said...

I love how you used that gingham background! Very adorable! It reminds me of elementary school. Your card fits the theme perfectly!
Kate

Debra Miller said...

The red stamped gingham matches the ribbon perfectly. I like that you used the notebook page embossing folder to I haven't used that one yet. Great card Paula Kay!

cdeasey said...

That is just too cute! I would have never thought to do the gingham like that.
You are so smart!

Avis Anderson said...

I'm such a big PK fan! LOVE the masked gingham background. What a gifted imagination you have...xoxo

Sarah said...

This would make even the gloomiest Gus smile! I love your bright, colorful, sweet card, PK!!

Glittered Paws said...

What a super card - love the gingham in various colors - and I have always loved the frazzled ladies - great job.

deesdesigns said...

Super cute - love how you used 4 different colors of ink on one stamp! The teacher is going to love this - you're right, we do need to say thanks to all of the teachers for all they do! Hope all is well, take care! Dee