Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tune in Tuesday - Happy Leaf Trio



For the month of August TAC is featuring the Awards set Happy Leaf Trio.  This set makes me think of autumn, so I chose to make an autum card using a technique we tried at Seminar.  The image is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on glossy cardstock
and then brayered with a Kaleidacolor pad. 
ext it is spritzed with Ink Potion #9 to give it a textured look.  


I chose Winchester SWIC for my background paper.  Adding a birthday saying (also from Happy Leaf Trio) and a ribbon finished off my card.


I did a second identical card, but instead of stamping in black, I stamped with Versamark so that it would be a resist image when brayered. I left this image smooth rather than spritzing it with Ink Potion #9.




The resist ink give it a different look from the black.  But I think I prefer the first card.






Pin It!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Both cards are great! But I like your resist card just a bit more than the first one.

Christine Pennington said...

Georgeous Palette!

Angela K said...

Lovely cards!! TFS!

Kim said...

Beautiful cards! Love it with this paper collection!

Debra Miller said...

The resist is a great look too!