Sunday, February 1, 2015

Butterflies



Hi there!  I'm  joining Deb Segler's Heavenly Touch in helping friends “SEEK HIM DAILY”.  I’m honored to post a card for you to enjoy.

My card is made with a stamp set from Stampin’ Up’s Sale-a-Bration going on now until March 31, 2015.  It is called Butterfly Basics.  I’ve also used the Butterflies Thinlits Dies.  For this card I made my own background using stamps in the set.  The inks I used are Palette Jardin Moss, Boudoir Blush, and Raw Sienna.  I just stamped them randomly over the card.  The base card is green cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment in Palette Noir ink and matted it in the green cardstock.  A green ribbon was placed under the sentiment, which is popped up with foam mounting tape.  Lastly, I added two butterfly die cuts, one cut from the green cardstock and one from a multicolor dotted cardstock.

I love the sentiment with this set.  It reminds me of some spiritual truths.  We all are sinners in depravity before God saves us and makes all things new.  2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”  Our lives are completely transformed by Christ, just like the caterpillar is transformed into a beautiful butterfly.  As we look at people in our lives who seem to be caterpillars who do not have spiritual life and vitality, we cannot know what God plans for them.  We must love them and share the good news of salvation with them.  Perhaps they too can be transformed into something beautiful by His love and grace.

Have a blessed day!  And thanks for visiting my blog.
Pin It!

No comments: