Monday, June 4, 2012

Red Rubber Designs - Liberty


Continuing the Patriotic theme today, I am featuring the Red Rubber Designs stamp called Liberty.  The sayings on the card are from the United We Stand stamp set.

Since the image is a statue, I decided not to make it colored but just to make it look like the statue.  I used Copic markers YG91 and BG 93.  Using a Hydra Sponge and straight-edge piece of paper I sponged colors around the image with Palette inks L'Amore and Starry Night.  The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.



I stamped the sayings with the same colored ink pads.  Then I cut a frame using the Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frame and ran a checked ribbon through the loops and tied a bow.  The frame is placed on a red card base that is embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  It really doesn't show much, however.

Thanks for checking out my card today!  Wishing you patriotic days as we have finished Memorial Day but approach our nation's Independence Day next month. 

This Thursday, June 7th, is the day for new June Releases.  So check the Red Rubber Designs website for all the new releases.  Also the blog will have a fun blog hop with a game and prizes.  See you then.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Debra Miller said...

Love the retroform technique you used - it is perfect with this image and the sentiments you used. Great patriotic card Paula Kay! Thanks for the birthday card too :)

Pam said...

I love how you colored Liberty! She looks fabulous!

Kate Yetter said...

Nice card! I love your coloring of the image.

Sarah said...

Your shading of The Lady is just perfect! Nicely done, PK.