Monday, March 12, 2012

Make It Monday #57: Colored Kissing


I am joining the Make it Monday Challenge on PaperTrey Ink this week.  The challenge is to create a card using the kissing technique.  That means a background stamp is stamped on a solid inked stamp, and then together they are stamped on the card. 

My card uses stamps from The Angel Company, Butterfly Bits and several older backgrounders.  The saying is from PaperTrey Ink's Movers and Shakers Sentiments.  Also I used PTI Kraft cardstock and PTI Paper Basics White cardstock. 

The ink is Palette Landscape, Cognac, Raw Sienna, and Violette.  The sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used a brown Tombow marker to hand draw the butterfly feelers.  The edge of the card is sponged with Palette Jardin Moss.  I added a green print paper for the background and a green ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by my blog to look!

Blessings on your day!
Pin It!

11 comments:

paula e. said...

great choice of solid stamp and kissing stamps! nice color combo, too.

Jennifer T. said...

I just love your card Paula-Kay! Great color & pattern choices!

missy said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colors you chose.

Unknown said...

Very happy card! Love the colors:)

victoria h said...

Fab patterned butterflies...very cheerful.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Paula: You did a SUPER job on the Make it Monday Challenge. I, too, had to use a butterfly image as my stamp selection is rather limited. You really did an amazing job on this - good luck! I'd love to have you peek at my entry when you find time, and if you are interested - I would so LOVE for us to become "followers" of one another's blogs. I hope you can stop by to say hello. Have a super duper week!
Blessings,
karen
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job on the butterflies.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

carolanne said...

This card is really lovely. The butterflies came out great!

Suzanne Russell said...

Just beautiful, Paula-Kay! We seem to have similar taste in colors and card subjects...no wonder I think it's so pretty. :)

paperkicks said...

So awesome!! What talent!